How to use this program
- One way to use these milim is: Cut them across,
leaving a space above and below the word. Hang the milim all around the classroom, leaving an inch around each word. (This is important in order for boys to see each word.) If you do this, I suggest that you make an extra copy of milim in case they get faded on the wall. There are 550 milim. Use a laser pointer and drill these words whenever you have a few extra moments.
- Another method is to place them on an oak tag (cardboard) and use them on an easel. (Laminate milim to protect them)
- A third method is show the students the milim directly from this binder.
- "BEE" Go up and down the rows in the class and drill the milim. All the students stand and whoever misses a word sits down. The last boy who remains standing is the winner. An excellent method of drilling words.
Words have nekudos which will assist the boys with the pronunciation. Do not pronounce the word when testing and drilling students, but simply point to the word; they should pronounce each word before translating them.
Each of the 50 words have their own color paper to easily identify if a student has finished each set.
- When drilling these milim, ask the boys to say the word that comes either before or after the word. For example, the answer for the word sabi is sabi dazli atikra.
- Ask the boys what sugya the word comes from. Eventually the boys will be able to review the perek from the milim alone.
- Allow boys who have taken a test from Rebbe to test other boys.
Motivational charts and awards:
- For each 50 words tested, student colors in milim chart. Chart is three pages by three pages (9 pages total). Chart must cut carefully and then be taped together. First start by putting all the pieces together and cut one side of adjoining piece only. I would suggest that a few color photocopies be made for future years. Rebbe must fill in boys name on chart either with pen or the names can be printed from a computer and glued in place on chart.
- For each 50 words that the student is tested on, he receives a special award. Each program comes with one of each type of award. A color photocopy should be made on 60 - 90 pound paper of each award.
- Color photocopy certificate. Certificate will be customized with schools name if purchased together with complete gemarah package.
- Tests of entire 550 milim are included.
If you have any comments on this program feel free to write or call me. Each Yeshiva that purchases this program has the right to make photocopies for the use of that Yeshiva only.
2160 Barclay Ave.
Montreal, Quebec H3S 1J4
E mail me