Rashi 7a DH Lo Nitzrechah:
 Rashi 7a DH Af Al Gav d'Lo Gavo'ah Sheloshah:
 Rashi 7b DH v'Hishlimo:
 Rashi 7b DH Chorei Reshus ha'Rabim:
 Tosfos 7b DH v'Halchah v'Nachah:
1) [line 2] KARPAF - an enclosed area located outside of a settlement, used for storage of timber and other such objects. The enclosure was *not* made for the purpose of dwelling.
2) [line 2] BEIS SE'ASAYIM - a parcel of land in which two Se'ah of grain is normally planted, which is the area of the Azarah of the Mishkan, 50 by 100 Amos, approx. 20,000 square feet or 2,222 square meters
3) [line 3] KUR - a parcel of land in which a Kur (= 30 Se'ah) of grain is normally planted
4) [line 4] MECHUSERES DIYURIN - it does not have anybody living there (and therefore the Chachamim decreed that it is forbidden to carry there)
5) [line 10] KEREN ZAVIS HA'SEMUCHAH LI'RSHUS HA'RABIM - a corner which is next to Reshus ha'Rabim, that is not normally used by the people who walk in Reshus ha'Rabim
In order to facilitate the understanding of Rashi DH Lo Nitzrechah and DH Lo Nichah, we are providing the diagrams below .
(a) (b) ------------ ------------- | | | | | | | | | house | | house | | | | | | | Zavis | | ------------ ha'Acheres ------->>------ |//| | |////// | |//| | |///// | |//| | Keren |//// | Keren Zavis -->>|//| house | Zavis -->>|/// house | |//| | |// | R ^ |//| | Zavis |/ | e h ^ ------------ ha'Boletes->>------------- s a ^ | | | | h ' | | | R ^ | | u R | | | e h ^ | | s a | | house | s a ^ | house | b | | h ' | | | i | | u R | | | m ------------ s a | ------------- b i m6) [line 11] DACHAKEI BEI RABIM - the public f
orce their way in
7) [line 12] V'AILEI L'GAVAH - and go into it
8) [line 12] LO NICHA TASHMISHTEI - it is inconvenient for [public] use
9) [line 15] LO MISTAGEI LEHU LEHEDYA - they do not go there openly (with ease)
10) [line 17] ITZTEVA - a raised platform in front of the stores on which the shopkeepers sit
*11*) [line 21] LISHNA ACHARINA - This is just another way of stating what was said earlier: Bein ha'Amudim is more convenient to use than the Itztaba'os.
12) [line 24] TACH BEFANEHA - and it got stuck on the side
18) [line 15] CHOREI RESHUS HA'YACHID - holes at the side of Reshuyos
21) [line 37] CHOKEKIN L'HASHLIM
(b) The Rishonim disagree as to which case the Gemara is discussing. The words "b'Chor Kol she'Hu" seem to suggest that the hole may be infinitesimally small, and this appears to be Rashi's opinion. Tosfos DH v'Halchah, citing Ri, claims that it is small on the side of Reshus ha'Rabim, but it extends through the wall and is four Tefachim wide on the side of Reshus ha'Yachid. Rebbi Meir then says that the law of Chokekin l'Hashlim gives the hole the status of a hole that is four by four Tefachim. (see Tosfos ibid. and Tosfos Yuma 11b DH ha'Kol)