BACKGROUND ON THE DAILY DAF
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Ask A Question on the daf
Previous dafPesachim 18
1) [line 1] BATLU B'ME'EHA - they have become nullified in its stomach
*2*) [line 14] MASHKEH SARU'ACH - liquid which is completely putrid and not
even fit to feed to a dog
3) [line 26] LO MATZINU TUM'HA SHE'OSAH KA'YOTZEI BAH - we do not find that
an object that is Tamei (and is not an Av ha'Tum'ah) makes a similar object
Tamei at the same level of Tum'ah; e.g. food does not make other food Tamei
4) [line 3] DAYO LA'BA MIN HA'DIN LIHEYOS KA'NIDON
It is sufficient to give the Halachah learned from a Kal va'Chomer, the
exact status of the Halachah from which it was learned.
5) [line 11] SHE'HEN ALULIN L'KABEL TUMAH - it is far easier for liquids to
become Tamei (since they need no separate process of Hechsher. Their
Hechsher occurs at one and the same time that the Tum'ah touches them)
6) [line 35] MECHUSAR KIPURIM
(a) There are three stages in the Taharah (purification) process of a Zav,
Zavah, Yoledes, and Metzora: (1) Tevilah (immersing in a Mikvah or Ma'ayan);
(2) He'erev Shemesh (nightfall after the Tevilah); (3) a Korban.
(b) The above Teme'im may not eat Terumah until nightfall after the Tevilah.
They may not eat Kodshim until they have brought their Korbanos the
following morning. A Tamei who has only immersed is called a Tevul Yom until
nightfall. After nightfall he is called a Mechusar Kaparah until he brings