BACKGROUND ON THE DAILY DAF
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Ask A Question on the daf
Previous dafNidah 44
1) [line 19] YESHIVAH ACHAS BA'OLAM - they lived (for at least one day) at
the same time
2) [line 31] GUFAH SERIKA - an empty body (Similar to Ilan Serak, a
3) [line 33] KERA'EI ATRUTZ - the Pesukim have been explained (so that they
are not contradictory)
4) [line 2] U'FIRKES - it made a jerking motion
5) [line 3] MIDI D'HAVAH A'ZANAV HA'LETA'AH - it is similar to the jerking
of a lizard's tail
6) [line 22] YAVAM - The brother of a man who died childless. See 43b #18.
7) [line 23] L'TAMEI MISHKAV TACHTON KA'ALYON
A person who has relations with a Nidah becomes Tamei for seven days, like
the Nidah herself. His laws of Tum'ah, however, are less stringent.
*Tachtono*, or the objects underneath him, have the same status as the
*Elyon*, or the objects that lie above, a Nidah - namely, Rishon l'Tum'ah.
The Nidah must be at least three years old for this Halachah to apply.
8) [line 24] TOCHAL BI'TRUMAH
If a non-Kohen marries off his daughter to a Kohen, she may eat Terumah.
She must be at least three yers old for this Halachah to apply. See 43b