BACKGROUND ON THE DAILY DAF
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Ask A Question on the daf
Previous daf Gitin 29
GITIN 29 & 30 - have been anonymously dedicated by a very special Marbitz
Torah and student of the Daf from Ramat Beit Shemesh, Israel.
1) [line 5] K"M - Kol Makom
2) [line 28] ORCHA D'MILSA - the standard case [when a Shali'ach needs to
appoint another Shali'ach is when he becomes ill]
3) [line 29] HOLECH - take, transport [this Get to my wife]
4) [line 44] MILEI - words, instructions
5) [line 44] MILEI LO MIMSERAN L'SHALI'ACH
(a) It is possible to make a Shali'ach (an agent) to establish all Kinyanim
(acquisitions; the word "Kinyan" connotes a change of ownership or status,
such as sales, gifts, Gitin and Kidushin). The Gemara states, "Shelucho Shel
Adam Kemoso," i.e. [the act performed by] the Shali'ach of a person is like
[an act performed by the person] himself (Kidushin 41b).
(b) A Shali'ach can appoint another Shali'ach in his place, as long as the
person who sent him has no objections. The Gemara explains that this only
applies if the Shali'ach was given an *object* with which he was expected to
effect a Kinyan (e.g., if the Shali'ach was given a Get to deliver to the
person's wife). If the Shali'ach only received verbal instructions ("Milei")
to execute, however, his appointment is not considered authoritative enough
for the Shali'ach to appoint another Shali'ach.
6a) [line 51] BAYIS - [the ground floor of] a house
b) [line 51] ALIYAH - the second story of a house
7) [last line] GITA MA'ALYA - a valid Get
8) [line 27] D'KATNUSA HI - (lit. it is of his youth) this teaching was
stated while my father was young, and as such it can be refuted
9) [line 28] MIDI MESHASHA IS BEHU? - Do they have any substance (i.e.
10) [line 31] SHADAR - sent
11) [line 35] MILACH - your words, i.e. the instructions of your Shelichus
12) [line 37] ICHSUFU - they were humiliated
13a) [line 37] KAPCHINHU RAV SAFRA - Rav Safra "cut down"
b) [line 38] LI'TELASA RABANAN SEMUCHEI - three eminent Torah Sages who
have received the "Semichah" ordination
14) [line 42] ISNIS B'GO TELASIN YOMIN - some unexpected circumstances came
up within the thirty days [and he realized that he would not be able to
deliver the Get]
15) [line 47] YB"CH - (Yud Beis Chodesh) twelve months